Athletics Holiday Camps 2021
Fun athletics Holiday Camps from funetics to help primary school children catch up with their physical and academic education whilst having fun and interaction again with friends.
Re-engaging children with physical activity and learning during the summer holidays
As September and the new academic year approaches, England Athletics and our funetics team have been looking at how we can support parents and teachers with the re-engagement of young children with their physical and academic learning and activity levels.
Our response is the relaunch of our funetics fun athletics Holiday Camps for the summer 2021.
These camps are delivered either directly by our own funetics coaches or the coaching teams in our member clubs.
Based on the funetics programme, the camps offer all that the full funetics programme offers albeit in a condensed format.
For more information on funetics, please check out other pages on this website or if you have any specifics questions, please email us at [email protected]
Benefits of the funetics athletics Holidays Camps
The return of the funetics summer camps for 2021 offer your child / children:
- a return to or an increase in their physical activity
- a safe, fun and supportive environment with qualified and experienced coaches
- activity that complies with social distancing guidance if required
- access to cross-curricular learning to help your child return to or fill a gap in their wider academic learning as well as physical education
- the opportunity to return to or increase your child’s interaction with other children
The camps do not replicate the entire funetics programme; however we believe they will provide a perfect ‘taster’ opportunity to fun athletics for your child in the future should your child think athletics is for them.
The funetics programme is about developing the whole child. So seeing how these challenging times are affecting some children re feelings of isolation and worry with regard to falling behind with their learning; our "funetics 5 Cs" approach will form a key part in the funetics summer camp:
Competence - developing capabiities in skills / activities
Confidence - positive view of actions and sense of worth
Connection - having positive bonds with people and organisations
Creativity - being able to find own solutions to challenges
Character and Caring - having respect for societal / cultural rules; displaying good standards of behaviour - knowing what is right or wrong; having empathy.
And in addition to the academic elements in the funetics programme that support of the National Curriculum such as Maths, English, Geography etc will also be covered in the Summer Camps.
Information for Holiday Camp providers
If you become a funetics Holiday Camps provider; please find we provide comprehensive support via:
- a bespoke Holiday Camps manual which new 'inclusion' activity cards
- marketing materials to help promote your camps to parents via the funetics MarketingHub
- Downloadable certificates to help reward and recognise children taking part
Further information is available by emailing [email protected]
Register now to download Holiday Camp information
By completing and submitting the form, you’ll have access to ready-to-go resources for a funtastic Holiday Camp.