funetics PE Coaches Workshop
The funetics coaches workshop aims to help you understand how your coaching fits into a much wider agenda than just coaching athletics.
The Funetics workshop will:
- Introduce the funetics programme, including brand values, guiding principles and key programme requirements
- Introduce you to the development of young athlete’s physical, psychological, social and emotional competencies
- Look at applying development principles to the developing child and your coaching practice
- Introduce coaches to age appropriate activities, as well as cognitive considerations for coaching 4-11 year olds and understanding the importance of the growing child.
- Provide an opportunity to experience the funetics assessment platform and how it can be applied.
Session 1: Welcome & Introductions / Background
Session 2: The developing child
- Physical, Psychological, Social, Emotional
- The Skill Hungry years
- The 5 C’s – Competence, Confidence, Connectivity, Character & Caring, Creativity — What does this look like in practical application?
Session 3: Coaching children – child centred activity
- Coaching practice / Rapport building / Organisation
- Games and play
- Practical examples of coaching the different ages (4-7; 7-9; 9-11) — Introduction to differentiation and inclusive coaching practice
Session 4: Assessment Platform
- Overview and practical application
Session 4b: Teaching Resources (additional content for those working in schools)
- Schemes of work
- Lesson plans
- Inclusive practice