Interested in your club joining our movement to get children more active?
Support your members’ children within your community with funetics
We are looking to work with a range of affiliated clubs to deliver a new and exciting programme for 4-11 year old children called funetics.
Funetics is designed to help children learn, develop and practice running, jumping and throwing skills all year round.
As an affiliated club, your club has an opportunity to secure a free funetics licence and in doing so, help support your members' children and help to attract new children from within your local community; as well as helping to build the profile of athletics and running.
Secure a funetics club licence now and join fellow affiliated clubs already signing-up:
- Chiltern Harriers
- Crawley AC
- Team Synergy
- Manchester Harriers
- Lions Running Community
- Salford Metropolitan AC
Why we believe funetics will help support young children to get active
England Athletics’ vision is for every primary school aged child in the country to be able to access funetics sessions to learn the fundamental movement skills of running, throwing and jumping via a trackable physical literacy-based course, reflecting the requirements of the National Curriculum Key Stage 1 and 2.
This programme has been specifically devised so that all children aged 4–11 years can discover new physical confidence and raise their activity levels through fun, dynamic sessions.
Opportunities and benefits for your club
funetics licences are available to England Athletics affiliated clubs at a special rate:
- Costs involve paying a 20% booking fee only – no licence charges
- In addition, your club:
• Could generate additional income up to £15,000
• Have the opportunity to help grow your membership
Your club could lead the roll-out of new innovation with long term trackable literacy:
- funetics is the first primary school sports programme to offer long term trackable physical literacy against a skills-based competency framework.
- This can be easily monitored by both coaches and parents who will have access to the funetics app which helps track the progress a child is making against the funetics programme.
Trackable & physical literacy based – funetics leads the way with a focus on better understanding, progression, reward and recognition.
funetics has been created with trackable performance as a pivotal benefit. Each child’s performance at both activity and stage levels can be reported at school, class and individual level; with parents having direct access.
An opportunity to inspire and engage with more young children
- funetics sessions are regular, and typically run for a block of 6-12 weeks
- funetics children enjoy activities that are designed to be fun; dynamic, interactive and safe; so they continue to return to sessions
- Children are able to beat their own personal bests during competitions in the last week of the sessions, inspiring them to grow and develop
What will your club receive with a funetics club licence?
Centrally managed campaign website with the ability to:
- List and help book funetics courses
- Access regularly updated, engaging and user friendly content
Access the user (child) profile area allowing parents to keep track of bookings and monitor progress and track achievements of their child/children.
Administration and management platform to help create and manage sessions and to access resources helping you deliver funetics.
A coaches' app to help track and assess children against the funetics programme and coloured stages.
An app for parents to help understand how their child is progressing within their funetics programme.
The opportunity to purchase kit and equipment to help deliver funetics programmes within your club venue.
Local marketing support
- to help promote funetics sessions to parents within your community
- Access to marketing resources including posters, stickers and certificates