Help your school children raise their activity and physical literacy levels.
Learning the fundamental movement skills of running, throwing and jumping
Developed for all primary school children aged 4-11 years, funetics reflects the requirements of the National Curriculum Key Stage 1 and 2 to inspire all young pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities.
England Athletics’ vision is for every primary school aged child in the country to be able to access funetics sessions.
Reasons to include funetics in your school's PE:
• funetics is ready for you to use now or anytime in the future
• It's accessible to all primary school sports teachers with built-in training and mentoring support
• funetics is easy to use and can be delivered inside or outside, with social distancing
• Children can bring their own 'equipment' to help with Covid-19 guidance
• All the activities are trackable by your school and parents too
• It is rich in content and PE resources
• It supports your own school outcomes and is in line with the National PE Curriculum
• Sessions can be delivered in breakfast and after school clubs or in curriculum time
• It is accessible all year round
• The fundamental movement skills of funetics are key to so many physical activities
• As well as physical learning it's about ‘developing the whole child’ through soft skills
• Created by England Athletics - you can be confident in its competency
• It's backed by the world's fastest man Usain Bolt and UK superstar Katarina Johnson-Thompson!
• funetics is fun!
funetics school athletics session: availability, content and reporting
Every child enrolled in a funetics programme will move through all funetics stages with each stage further advancing their running, jumping and throwing skills.
Sessions are available all year round in half term and term blocks, and include:
- Breakfast clubs
- Curriculum sessions
- After school session
For every primary school that has a funetics programme delivered, a teacher / teaching assistant will be able to access a funetics coaching course similar to a PE teacher course for free within the school licence.
funetics providers across the country deliver weekly sessions that include:
- Fun warm up and cool down activities
- A minimum of two activities focused on either running, jumping or throwing to encourage them to undertake higher activity levels for a healthy future
- An assessment of each child’s tracked progress digitally for ease of reporting
- A termly report of your classes progress available to download
Children will also receive a participant pack.
Skills-based competency framework
The framework acts as a delivery syllabus and assessment tool which allows funetics coaches to provide the most appropriate child-centred sessions based on a child’s stage of progression.
Each child’s performance can be easily monitored by both teachers and parents who will have access to the funetics app which helps track the progress a child is making through all funetics stages with each stage further advancing their running, jumping and throwing skills.
funetics School Providers
We are currently delivering funetics in the following areas;
• Black Country, Staffordshire & Wolverhampton
• Chelmsford & Essex
• Coventry / Warwickshire
• Crewe & Stoke
• East Dorset & Hampshire
• Hertfordshire & Stevenage
• Milton Keynes
If your primary school is interested in finding out more about what opportunities are available please email [email protected]
If your school is located in a different area to the above, please still do get in touch as we are regularly recruiting more providers across England.
Want to know more?
If you would like to find out more or book a funetics school athletics programme for your school, please email [email protected] and a member of the funetics support team will be in touch with you shortly.