What is funetics?
funetics is a programme which provides fun athletics sessions to help 4-11 year old children learn, develop and practice running, jumping and throwing all year round.
Created by England Athletics
funetics has been created by England Athletics, the membership and development body for grassroots athletics and running clubs in England, as part of its' vision to make athletics and running the most popular and inclusive sport in the country and to enable young children to lead more active lives.
funetics is designed to help all young children to have fun whilst getting active, in a safe, fun and nurturing environment: where they can develop fundamental movement skills and confidence to help support them in different sports in the future.
The programme aims to introduce all children aged 4-11 to athletics through fundamentals of running, jumping and throwing.
The programme can be delivered within schools, clubs and other community settings.
Programmes will typically run as blocks of activity (i.e. 12 week programme) or all year round.
The programme compliments the requirements of the National Curriculum Key Stage 1 and 2 to inspire all young pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and physical activities.
- For all boys and girls aged 4-11
- Sessions available in school and the community
- A range of fun activity sessions allowing your child to develop running, jumping and throwing skills
- Great first introduction to athletics
- Safe and fully accredited
- Specialist funetics coaches helping to support your child move through the programme at their own pace
- Easy online registration
- Keep track of your child’s progress through the parent’s app