What is funetics?
funetics is a new programme developed by England Athletics.
It includes fun athletics sessions to help children and young people to learn, develop and practice running, jumping and throwing all year round.
- For all boys and girls aged 4-11
- Sessions available in school and the community
- A range of fun activity sessions allowing your child to develop running, jumping and throwing skills
- Great first introduction to athletics
- Safe and fully accredited
- Specialist funetics coaches helping to support your child move through the programme at their own pace
- Easy online registration
- Keep track of your child’s progress through the parent’s app
Every child enrolled in the funetics programme will move through the nine funetics stages, each stage further their advancing their running, jumping and throwing skills.
The funetics programme has been designed to recognise and reward effort and achievement in relation to physical competencies as well as ‘softer skills’ such as confidence, independence and team work.
We have developed apps for parents and for coaches where individual progress can be tracked. Fun games are also available for children to practice running, jumping and throwing skills in between their funetics sessions.
Every child that registers will receive a backpack full of goodies including;
- personalised t-shirt
- water bottle
These will be delivered straight to your door when you register for a funetics session.